Areas of Interest: Licensing,Public health licensing,Crime and disorder/policing,Health inequalities,Night time economy,Harm to others,Domestic violence/abuse,Drink driving
Twitter Profile: @fosterjon
Description: I joined IAS in 2014 and have worked on a wide range of topics, including alcohol's relationship with domestic violence, health inequalities, and its impact on the emergency services. My main area of expertise is alcohol licensing; I conducting a large scale research project into the 2003 Licensing Act, and have spoken on the subject at a number of conferences, events and debates, including those run by the Local Government Association, National Police Chiefs' Council, Public Health England, the Institute of Licensing and the Global Alcohol Policy Alliance.
- Family Drinking — Family interventions, Harm to others, Parenting
- The impact of international trade treaties on alcohol policy — Industry research, Politics
- The Licensing Act (2003): its uses and abuses 10 years on — Crime and disorder/policing, History, Licensing, Policy studies, Public health licensing
- Alcohol, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Assault — Crime and disorder/policing, Domestic violence/abuse
- Alcohol, Health Inequalities and the Harm Paradox: Why some groups face greater problems despite consuming less alcohol — Health inequalities, Minimum pricing, Public health licensing